Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Pope Is Coming This Week!

Pope Benedict XVI will be making his pastoral visit to the United States this week, and like millions of other people, I am really excited. I am particularly looking forward to the Holy Father coming to our country, as I found out that I will be able to attend one of the Papal Masses. When Benedict XVI was elected, I never guessed that I would be seeing him in person three years later--let alone attending a Mass he would be celebrating!

Hopefully, the joy surrounding the Holy Father's visit will serve as a much-needed source of encouragement to the American Catholics who struggle to maintain their faith in the midst of a secular world. We are also hoping that this "pilgrimage in reverse" will help foster vocations.
To view (or read the text of) the Pope's video message to the people of the United States, click here.

No comments: